Infrastructure Management Engineer
ME10-72 Montreal Office, QuebecBack
Reporting to the Infrastructure Director, the incumbent is responsible for the follow-up of the client's electromechanical infrastructures. He/she also ensures the technical assistance in the event of a power failure or problems in the data centers.
- Ensures the availability of the client's data centres concerning the electromechanical infrastructures for a perspective of 24/7 operation (prevention)
- Ensures the operation of the electrical and mechanical infrastructures
- Ensures technical support in the event of a power failure or problem in the data centres
- Provides an analysis due to a problem detected or reported by another employee, related to the main power supply up to the final distribution via generators and UPS systems, to resolve it
- Participates in the development of construction standards and installations of data centres for the client
- Provides support 24/7, on call rotation with other employees
- Follows up with the charges/connection’s requests and maintains the associated documentation updated
- Performs the necessary follow-up on the contract-base infrastructure: recommendations for the improvement of the mechanical and electrical infrastructures based on the capacity and operational requirements
- Performs an update of the technical documentation and plans
- Produces the “Infoman” forms for the electrical and mechanical maintenance works
- Brings up-to-date the electrical and mechanical maintenance programs (as needed, depending on the operation, installation evolution and ageing of components. In December, prepare the annual program for the following year)
- Participates in preparing plans and specifications for various electromechanical infrastructural projects under specific mandates granted to Kelvin Emtech by the client
- Conducts cost and reliability studies for various development projects or technological changes and recommends, after the project manager’s approval, the best solutions for the client
- Along with the project manager, participates with recommendations for the development orientation of the client in respect to electromechanical infrastructures
- Answers client’s inquiries
- Acts as a construction manager for modification, construction or improvement projects of the mechanical and electrical facitlities of small or medium scale
- Client satisfaction
- Quality follow-up of mechanical and electrical loads
- Clear and precise recommendations
- Validation from a senior or a supervisor for the tasks and/or information to transmit
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Member of the "Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec" and/or of Ontario
- Technical knowledge: electrical distribution, motor protection and controls, fire alarm systems, generators and UPS, lighting, generators UPS, precision cooling for computer room
- Good knowledge of French/English written and spoken
- Computer knowledge: Windows, Word, Excel, MS Project
- Team spirit
- Integrity, loyalty
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Organized and able to prioritize
- Ability to work under pressure
Efficiency is important at Kelvin Emtech which is why they use and develop tools to make work easier and optimize internal communication.
Marc Bachkongi, P. Eng.
Assistant Director Engineering>
It’s the first company for which I work who is understanding towards people who take sick days, allows direct discussions with Management and which does everything they can for their employees to be happy.
Senior Electrical Technician>
The social club organises really interesting outings and activities that help keep the team knit together and encourages better team work.
Mechanical Drafter / Designer>
A great social climate exists between Management and Colleagues at Kelvin Emtech. Everyone feels like they really contribute to the company's advancement, which reinforces a feeling of belonging in the whole team.
Kamal Driche, Eng.
Electrical Engineer, Project Manager>
Flexible hours and social advantages make Kelvin Emtech a choice employer in the engineering consulting domain.
Jonathan Bastien, Eng.
Mechanical Engineer, Project Manager>
Management's spirit and openness to their employees' previous experience is highly appreciated.